Education and Quality Manager
Education and Quality Manager
Director of Education and Quality
Northern LA Operation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Performs supervisory, administrative, and managerial work in direct support of the daily directives of Pafford Emergency Medical Services in the assigned region.
- Coordinates the delivery of exceptional emergency medical service treatment and care through training and quality assurance.
- Maintains direct oversight and responsibility for the educational functions of the emergency service program including; but not limited to, maintaining the educational roster in a, persistent, “mission ready” status with the focus on clinical compliance, quality assurance & improvement, FTO deployment, organization of student/observer program, logistics and supply ordering.
- Directly manages the supplies necessary for monthly course offerings.
- Performs audits, as assigned by the Director, on key clinical points identified by the Executive Leadership Team.
- Performs personnel functions including on-boarding new-hires through a comprehensive orientation program.
- Ensures the maintenance and cleanliness of all facilities, vehicles and equipment assigned to the Education & Quality department.
- Prepares and submits various reports as required by local, state and federal government, oversees filing and maintenance of reports, records and other documents as necessary.
- Attends seminars, conferences, workshops, classes, lectures, etc. and reviews professional literature as appropriate to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments within the industry.
- Oversees, guides, and mentors field training officers and staff in the performance of their duties.
- Supports and promotes Pafford EMS culture throughout operation.
- Recommends budgetary needs for the operation and provides justification for the budgetary spending.
- Acts as front-line point of contact during public relations events.
- Acts as Pafford liaison in community and governmental affairs within the assigned region. (City Council, Chamber of Commerce, Hospital Boards, and Public Safety Agencies).
- Stays active and engaged in local educational planning opportunities including affiliations with local community colleges, EMS education programs, and first responder agencies.
- Performs investigations of unusual occurrences as necessary and reports findings to the appropriate department.
- Recommends disciplinary action as needed in compliance with defined policies, procedures, and directives.
- Maintains strict compliance with all Pafford Policies & Procedures.
- Maintains strict compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by the state and federal programs.
- May perform related duties or task as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of progressive work experience in healthcare or emergency services, or Associates Degree with seven (7) years of work experience in healthcare or emergency services, or ten (10) years of progressive work experience in healthcare or emergency services.
- Must have a minimum (2) years of experience in education directly related to pre-hospital emergency medicine.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain, current instructor certifications in ALS/BLS courses offered by American Heart Association, National Association of EMTs, EVOC/CEVO, and National Association of EMS Educators Instructor Course.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven track record of meeting or exceeding operational goals and objectives.
- Must possess and maintain certification for the following: ICS 100, 200, 800, NIMS 700; ICS 300 and 400 preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Proficiency with ZOLL RescueNet, Fleetio, ePro Scheduler PLUS, and related programs and applications preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work may require sitting, near vision use for reading and computer use, lifting, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other physical exertion.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Must possess visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, perform accounting functions, operate a computer terminal, operate a motor vehicle, and do extensive reading.