1. Paramedic/Full/Part Time
FULL/PART TIME PARAMEDIC POSITION AVAILABLE GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provides Advanced Life Support including medical evaluation, treatment and stabilization of the critically ill and injured; responds to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss oflife or bodily injury; maintains control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital emergency; provides training and instruction to lesser trained personnel; performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Provides and directs fast, efficient Advanced Life Support to the ill and injured utilizing all basic and advanced abilities and techniques, including but not limited to the placement of peripheral and intra-osseous lines, Supraglottic airways, endotracheal intubations, Cricothyrotomy, fluid and drug therapy, cardiac monitoring and EKG interpretations, defibrillation, and cardioversion;
• Recognizes and understands a medical emergency and makes reasonable and acceptable differential diagnosis;
• Performs critical physical examinations;
• Recognizes common cardiac dysrhythmias and understands the principles and treatment modalities for life threatening dysrhythmias;
• Understands and anticipates the pharmacological treatment of critically ill and injured patients;
• Understands and anticipates potentially life-threatening presentation of non-cardiac emergencies and institutes appropriate emergency therapy where essential for the preservation of life;
• Deals with medical and emotional needs of any victim of acute illness or injury with the goal of reducing mortality and morbidity;
• Responsible for managing and directing all first responders at the scene of a medical emergency such as EMR's, Police Departments, and EMT's;
• Responsible for quality patient-care as established by the Company;
• Files standardized reports of patient information and care for the use of receiving hospital and administration, including nature of request for aid, pertinent past history, therapy provided diagnosis, disposition and sufficient patient information for billing purposes;
• Maintains effective communication with physician on duty at hospital to relate patient condition and obtain orders for treatment;
• Follows standard written protocols when a physician cannot be contacted;
• Transports the ill and injured to institutions of medical care;
• Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all condition;
• Properly completes patient statistics and medical information forms for administrative use;
• Performs technical rescues in removing victims from varied terrain and circumstances; and
• Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and directed by the Company;
• Cleans and Maintains equipment.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Cleans and maintains (minor maintenance) vehicles;
• Cleans and maintains living quarters;
• Maintains records of vehicles, supplies, training and daily work; and
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The supervisor makes assignments in terms of shifts to be worked and the general scope of the work assignment. The incumbent performs the work in accordance with the procedures, policies and medical orders provided. The incumbent must exercise judgment in applying the proper guideline to the proper situation. The work is spot checked and evaluated based on feedback from the patient, medical staff and others.
• Must possess and maintain:
• Paramedic Licensure
• CPR for the Health Care Provider
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
• Good knowledge of the street systems, addresses and physical layout of the area, and of the rescue equipment and the emergency medical equipment used in Advanced Life Support.
• Good ability to:
• Perform technical medical skills with a high degree of accuracy;
• Understand and effectively deal with emotional and medical needs of victims of injuries, acute illnesses, or psychological emergencies;
• Maintain a professional and objective approach to the care of ill or injured persons;
• Learn new concepts in rescue and medical skills and techniques and in pre-hospital care;
• Perform a variety of limited mechanical work involved in the use, testing and maintenance of rescue and medical equipment;
• Direct the work of and teach other personnel;
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions and orders;
• Maintain a professional attitude when representing the Company;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, assisting agencies, hospital personnel and the general public:
• Drive and operate emergency ambulance units;
The work requires the incumbent to operate emergency medical vehicles, move medical equipment and extract injured persons from a wide variety of situations. Situation can involve vehicular, industrial and residential accidents, injuries or illness and occur anywhere in our coverage area. At times the work requires movement over various types of terrain, (hilly, steep, rocky, rough, and/or wet/slippery surfaces). The incumbent always must be able to carry or help carry someone from the site of the injury to the mode of transportation (vehicle/helicopter) and attend the injured party to
the hospital. In order to perform a physical assessment of the injured party, the incumbent must see,
hear and communicate with the injured party.
Paramedics will be issued and must wear Company issued uniforms while on duty; additionally, Paramedics will be responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of uniforms, as well as all issued equipment. Paramedics are required to carry a Company issued pager/radio at all times in order to receive immediate notification of an assignment. BENEFITS:
- Supplemental & Life Insurance
Pafford Medical Services reserves the right, at the discretion of the appropriate appointing authority, to waive any of the minimum qualifications for those applicants whose general or specific qualifications would otherwise qualify the applicant for the position or lead the appointing authority to believe that the applicant can perform the assigned duties and fulfilling the assigned responsibilities.