Job Title: Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs supervisory, administrative, and managerial work in direct support of the daily operations of Pafford Emergency Medical Services in assigned region. This position requires previous experience in a non-emergency transfer market. Extensive experience managing relationships with hospitals and other healthcare organizations is required.
- Coordinates the delivery of exceptional emergency medical service treatment and healthcare facility relationships with the regional community outreach coordinator.
- Reports to the executive committee on matters of operations, business development, governmental affairs.
- Maintains direct oversight and responsibility for the operational functions of the emergency service program including but not limited to the maintenance of the vehicle fleet in a, persistent, “mission ready” status, clinical compliance, quality assurance & improvement, staff scheduling, deployment, payroll, logistics and supply ordering.
- Directly manages schedule II and IV medications, ensures accountability, and performs medication reconciliation.
- Performs periodic operational and clinical audits as necessary.
- Performs personnel functions and acts as hiring manager for designated region.
- Ensures the maintenance and cleanliness of all facilities, vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and submits various reports as required by local, state and federal government, oversees filing and maintenance of reports, records and other documents as necessary.
- Attends seminars, conferences, workshops, classes, lectures, etc. and reviews professional literature as appropriate to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments within the industry.
- Oversees, guides, and mentors field operations supervisors and staff in the performance of their duties.
- Supports and promotes Pafford EMS culture throughout operation.
- Recommends budgetary needs for the operation and provides justification for the budgetary spending.
- Acts as front-line point of contact during public relations events.
- Acts as Pafford liaison in community and governmental affairs. (City Council, Chamber of Commerce, Hospital Boards, and Public Safety Agencies).
- Stays active and engaged in local emergency management planning committees and regional emergency management agencies.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders (Mayor, Governmental Administrators, Healthcare Facility Administration, etc.).
- Performs investigations of unusual occurrences as necessary and reports findings to the appropriate department.
- Administers disciplinary action as need in compliance with defined policies, procedures, and directives.
- Maintains strict compliance with all Pafford Policies & Procedures.
- Maintains strict compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by the state and federal programs.
- May perform related duties or task as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in a healthcare or public safety related field preferred and/ or five (5) years of progressive work experience in healthcare or emergency services, or Associates Degree with seven (7) years of work experience in healthcare or emergency services, or ten (10) years of progressive work experience in healthcare or emergency services.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven track record of meeting or exceeding operational goals and objectives.
- Must possess and maintain certification for the following: ICS 100, 200, 800, NIMS 700; ICS 300 and 400 preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Proficiency with ZOLL RescueNet, Fleet Eagle, ePro, and related programs and applications preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service. Must have demonstrated experience working with a team of community outreach staff to maintain healthcare facility contracts.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Applicants must live within Benton County, Arkansas or no more than 45 minutes from the ambulance station.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work may require sitting, near vision use for reading and computer use, lifting, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other physical exertion.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Must possess visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, perform accounting functions, operate a computer terminal, operate a motor vehicle, and do extensive reading.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified.