Job Title: Medical Triage Communicator Location: Ridgeland, MS PAFFORD EMS (Ridgeland, MS) Medical Triage Communicator - Home Daily, Competitive Compensation, Get Paid to Make a Difference in Other’s Lives PAFFORD EMS, INC has IMMEDIATE openings in our state-of-the-art communications center, “CentComm”, for Medical Triage Communicator’s. Pafford EMS, a family-owned and operated EMS organization, believes that our team members are family. Beginning in 1967 with 1 ambulance, today Pafford operates 150 ambulances in 5 states and the US Virgin Islands. You have a highly specialized skill set, technical tools and training that allow you to be the best at what you do. You take pride in helping others, no matter the situation. You are ready for a new challenge. So bring your skills and expertise to us. JOB SUMMARY: Join a vibrant and energized group of highly trained professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in all communities Pafford EMS serves. At Pafford EMS we pride ourselves on the level of dedication our team brings to the table and we want you to be apart of it. Our Medical Triage Communicator’s (MTC) provide assistance to callers transferred from the call takers. MTC’s are responsible for triaging incoming 911 calls and using established guidelines for telephone triage, to assess the caller. The MCT will then use the assessment to determine and dispatch the appropriate level of care. The MCT will accomplish the responsibilities of the position by utilizing their clinical judgement, knowledge, and experience as an EMT or Paramedic to direct their conversation with the patient. BENEFITS:
- Competitive Compensation Package • Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Opportunity for advancement
- Paid time off
- Company paid uniforms
- EMD Certification, 1st year
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- MUST be of upstanding moral and ethical behavior
- MUST possess and maintain an unrestricted AEMT License or Paramedic License
- MINIMUM 10 Years experience as an EMT or Paramedic
- MUST reside within 70 Miles of Ridgeland, MS
- MUST possess and maintain CPR for the Healthcare Provider certification
- EMS Dispatch Experience Preferred
- GOOD working knowledge of the street systems, addresses and physical layout of the Pafford EMS service area.
- MUST be proficient in the use of the English language, proficiency in Spanish, as a secondary language is strongly preferred but, NOT required.
- MUST be able to type 35-40 WPM
- Ability to obtain AND maintain an Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) Certification.
- EXCELLENT verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- MUST be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary Customer Service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of Paramedic functions, basic anatomy and physiology with age competency through all stages of growth and development
- Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and patient specific population critical competencies, based on age and diagnosis.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency by utilizing evidence based practices/research in all areas and phases of the dispatch process.
- Critical thinking and independent problem solving skills.
- Works with internal and external sources to assure a smooth and efficient handling of ALL calls and complies with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Positive interpersonal skills
- STRONG communications skills, including good written and non-verbal communication.
- Ability to utilize time and resources effectively.
- Proficient computer skills are essential
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: The work requires the incumbent to possess the abilities to:
- Work12-Hour shifts, to work overtime including mandatory overtime, ability to work on scheduled days off and in the event of emergency
- Communicate clearly on the radio and telephone
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Pass pre-employment drug screening
Pafford EMS is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.